Tuesday, April 17, 2018

New moon

A couple of geese marched onto the patio after breakfast.  Despite still being in my robe, I went out to chase them.  The breeze was chilly under a cloudless sky.  Downy and red bellied woodpeckers also visited.

The summer-suited, yellow rumped warbler returned before lunch.  So did the red bellied woodpeckers.  Titmice were after seeds, as usual, but also had a little suet.  One sat on the mealworm dish rim, but I think it had brought a seed over to  work on.  The house wren reappeared and again checked into the suet cage.  By that time there were lots of clouds.

Later in the afternoon, two female read breasted mergansers plowed through the water chasing something.  A brown thrasher lurked briefly in the dogwood.  It's been months since I last saw one.

As I came out of my meeting downtown, the new moon and an evening star were close to setting. The "star" was of course the planet Venus.


No comments:

Post a Comment