Sunday, April 8, 2018

Sunny, still cold

White throated sparrows were not cooperating at breakfast.  downy woodpeckers and chickadees were willing to be photographed, but they always are.  I saw a couple of osprey flying over Broad Creek on the way to church.  A blue jay landed almost beside me, though outside the window I was inside, but when I tried to get the camera going, off it flew. Despite the cold, turtles were soaking up the sun in the afternoon.  A cormorant pretended to be a figurehead on the prow of the log. 

A pair of mallards napped by the water's edge in our yard. The Muscovy was still hanging out with the geese only on the other side of the creek.  Toward evening, I saw something that looked like a kingfisher take off from the neighbor's dock.  Red breasted mergansers were still diving in the creek.  In the twilight, a great egret was visible at the dam outfall.


No comments:

Post a Comment