Friday, April 13, 2018

Hot!

Still too much wind for good bird watching. The white throats stayed low to the ground.  One of the white morphs looked very spiffy while a tan morph looked like it needed new feathers.  Downy woodpeckers didn't let the wind stop their visits to the suet. 

The money plants were blooming like mad and the azaleas started. The turtles were out basking.  Again, I saw two female red breasted mergansers hanging out together. I was away most of the day.  On my way across the HRBT, I saw a swallow gleaning insects close to the road.  On the way back somewhere around Lightfoot I saw what I think was an eagle.  In neither case could I take a photo. By the time I got home the light had gone.  The white throats were still scurrying around and a male cardinal was eating seeds from the feeder.



No comments:

Post a Comment