Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Beautiful day

It began cold but warmed up nicely.  I saw three pelicans fly upstream, come back and turn to fly up the lake. Trees were in the way.  A pine warbler and that wren escaped the bird paparazzi.  Also red bellied woodpecker in the cherry tree was faster than the camera.  Only the downy stayed put.

Yesterday I took so many photos that I haven't had time to label the keepers, but today I only took nine all day.  I was running around or else working on stuff.  There were enough streaks and contrails in the West to make sunset colorful.  I saw a heron flying down Independence Blvd.  I assume it was making use of heat rising from the road.  When I got home, white throats were foraging under the feeder but there wasn't enough light. 


No comments:

Post a Comment