Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Loooong day

I had to be across town by 6:30am to catch a ride to Richmond.   We were on the HRBT when the sky to the East lit up.The not yet risen sun was catching the overcast from beneath.  Thereafter the day was gray with occasional sprinkles.everyone at the meeting got excited in the late morning at reports of snow, but I didn't see any.  When I was back in my own car, the late afternoon sun found a crack in the clouds that I saw behind me.

The light was going when I got into the house and I thought I'd have nothing to show for the day.  Then a red tailed hawk swooped down into the oak.I only got two shots before it took off.  Immediately, a male cardinal shot over too the feeder to get sustenance for the cold night to come.  A cold night for us too as the heat was off in half the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment