Thursday, October 3, 2019

Still hot

This was not quite the scorcher yesterday was.  That set a record at 93°.  But I got plenty sweaty at TCC promoting the ERA. When I got home, I threw myself into the pool.  I rescued a bird grasshopper but it didn't wait for a picture.   The wheelbug hadn't since yesterday, but it certainly looked lifelike.  

I watched the squirrel make a mess of constructing its drey.  It appeared to think that if it just kept stuffing branches inside, something good would happen.  

The tide ran high in the creek.  I caught the crescent moon in the afternoon.  It was faint by day but at least I didn't lack for illumination.

While watching a cardinal in the beauty berry, I noticed a red eyed vireo. I don't know if it was a new one or the one I saw last week.  A chickadee seemed to bully it, though I've never seen chickadees eat beauty berries.

Sunset was spectacular - the sun was a huge red ball on the horizon.  The camera couldn't catch that, but it did get the surrounding glow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment