Friday, February 14, 2020

GBBC began

At breakfast two Carolina wrens ate suet.  A brown thrasher  picked at the soggy bark butter ball fragments. A couple of geese flew by and I spotted a bufflehead drake.  Egrets fished below the dam. Then the cat putt an end to watching songbirds. 

We spent the day elsewhere.  On the way back from the Peninsula, I saw a buzzard, a flock of about twenty crows hanging around a hamburger joint, and many gulls.  The sky appeared to be clearing in the morning, but in the afternoon it was full of heavy cumulus that focused sunbeams through the gaps.  Back on our side of the bridge tunnel, the clouds were fewer.

I was home in time to see a wren  and then a pine warbler on the nubbin of suet.  Four egrets congregated around the dam outfall and I believe I saw a diving duck paddle past them, but too much foliage grew up in the neighbors' yards last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment