Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Cloudless

The brown thrasher got an early start on the bark butter balls.  Blue jays were not far behind.  One hunted below the feeder for anything that might have fallen. 

Ospreys were active all day.  I thought a half dozen were circling and diving after breakfast in the placid creek.  A small grayish bird scurried around the dock. I think it was a solitary sandpiper

Skinks were also enjoying the sun even though the air was a bit cool.  At lunch, one had a very red head.  In the afternoon I saw a blue tail with its second tail and very little sense.  It left hiding where it was safe, then dithered where to run, then nearly crossed my toes to go to the other side of the steps.  .

The birds emptied the bark butter feeder and I didn't refill because rain was predicted.  At supper time the cat showed up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment