Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter

I rolled out of bed in time to livestream an Easter sunrise service on the beach.  There really was no sunrise as the sky there was overcast with a red horizon.  It was not overcast here, about ten miles inland. The air was quite still and the creek glassy at low tide.

 A red bellied woodpecker got to the suet first.  Bluebirds popped in and out all day.  Blue jays too.  Pine warblers got a little suet in the late morning as I was cooking. 

At lunch, an orange butterfly was too fast for me.  I also saw tiger, palamedes, and black swallowtails. Dragonflies, crane flies, bees, and wasps were energized by warmth.  The brown thrasher showed up after lunch. 

The day got progressively hotter and more cloudy as the wind from the South got stronger.  Since an overnight rain was forecast, I wanted to get the last of my seeds in the ground.  Other birds scolded but the downy woodpeckers barged right past me and helped themselves to suet.


No comments:

Post a Comment