Sunday, March 27, 2022

Chilly

It was still windy though not as bad as yesterday.  I missed a mockingbird at breakfast.  A brown thrasher was more cooperative than usual.  The pileated woodpeckers, however, were hard to miss.   A cardinal thought so and left in a hurry.  I thought a red bellied woodpecker flew in but it was gone so fast I couldn't be sure. 

White throated sparrows showed up at lunch.  A pine warbler got some suet.  Two brown headed nuthatches tripped up the camera and me.  One tried the suet while the other went for seeds.   I chased a bluebird with the camera but only got a blurred backside.  Juncos found something to eat in the hackberry.  A molting myrtle warbler hoped for suet crumbs.  

Blue jays insisted on barkbutter balls.  The cabbage white butterfly was back.  No turtles, again, but I don't know if it was because of the wind or the clouds.  Of course  the clouds made sunset more interesting.  


No comments:

Post a Comment