Saturday, October 15, 2022

Adventuring

The temperature got quite cool overnight, but by afternoon, it swung back into Summer - sunshine and shirtsleeves.  I got some decent photos of a southern purple mint moth Pyrausta laticlavia, the pretty villain attacking my rosemary.  Leaves fell one by one.  A ground beetle rode an oak leaf around the pool. 

I found the ebony spleenwort still growing through the fence.  And with that the battery died.  But I had taken forethought and brought the spare.  But the camera refused to work.  So there were no photos of the sweet gum seedling I found or another plant I hoped to identify.  So I went over to the dock to look at the fallen pine.  Despite checking each plank, one came loose and almost did me in.  When I got my breath back, I took a look at the sink.  It was plugged and full of water and a drowned rat.  I got the drain unclogged with a stick.  I hope all the water drained, but I didn't hang around to watch.  Maybe a buzzard will take care of the remains.  

By the time I got back up the hill, the camera decided to work again.  I got a quick shot of a pine warbler hiding behind a clump of beautyberries.  




No comments:

Post a Comment