Sunday, October 23, 2022

Misty, moisty morning

We went to the Norfolk Botanical Garden and walked part way around Mirror Lake.  The lake was covered with aquatic vegetation which got in the way of reflections. Camellias were blooming and dripping.  I found an orchard spider with a really big web.  Pine needles were dangling from it.  

The camera battery died after I took pictures of the statue of one of the Black women who made the garden.  I brought a spare but the camera got fussy so I missed the bumblebee visiting the hellebore flowers.  It recovered when I spotted a mushroom.  On the way home we swung by the upper end of the lake.  Later, I saw a wood duck drake on the turtle log.  The mist became rain and settled in for the day.  And the temperature dropped. 


No comments:

Post a Comment