Friday, September 13, 2024

Gray day

The black cat showed up early to drink from the pool.  I hope it wasn't sick.  K saw another sick raccoon, this time out in the street.  Blue jays swarmed the barkbutter balls at breakfast and never returned, at least when I was watching.  I put a fresh feeder out for the hummer.  The roses put out buds. 

Sometimes the overcast thinned a bit but it never broke apart.  The creek not only picked up the dull colors, it had a matte surface.  Humidity and the lack of wind brought out the biting insects but I didn't see their predators except for a frog.  There were a few Southern purple mint moths to remind me to hose off the rosemary.  I saw one dark butterfly.  The two monarch caterpillars were bigger.  Brown headed nuthatches competed with titmice, chickadees, house finches, and cardinals for a seat at the seed feeder.  




No comments:

Post a Comment