Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Still nice weather

I was mooned by a mockingbird when it found the barkbutter dish empty.  Brown headed  and white breasted nuthatches were also ready for breakfast.  A hummer plunged its beak deep into the feeder.  I might need to refill it tomorrow.  A bumblebee visited the sunflower. Later I saw a skipper feeding there, but it kept its wings up and I could only see them on edge.  

The kingfisher was back atop the post at the end of the dock.  It had a lot of blue in patches on its breast and a faint hint of a rusty belly band.  Some Southern purple mint moths fluttered around.  A Guinea paper wasp was curious about the ant moat.  A little black Zethus spinipes wasp hunted flowers on the mountain mint.  Both monarch caterpillars were doing well.   Three frogs entertained me but there were no skinks.  Blue jays showed up after I finally put out more barkbutter balls. 


No comments:

Post a Comment