Saturday, September 5, 2026

Changeable weather

Morning was quite mellow, cooler and sunny.  I found a bullfrog sitting under the skimmer lid.  It hopped into the pool and I ignored it while cleaning.  Eventually I found it trying to jump out and gave it a lift.  A bit later, I saw a frog hopping along, then ducking into the vegetation.  I thought it was the same one, but eventually it came out beside the ladder and I could see it was only half the size of the other one.  An ambush bug needed rescue.  

After lunch, the sky was overcast.  I saw a threadwaisted wasp and a hairstreak.  A distressed Carolina wren landed on the feeder and immediately flew away.  I took a close look at the polypore and found a cicada carcase.  Then a sprinkle began so I hurried into the house.  A thunderstorm ensued but by 3:30pm the sun was back.  


No comments:

Post a Comment