Since 1/1/11 I have been describing what I see in the back yard. I occasionally digress.
Wednesday, September 9, 2026
Hot sun
Today got a lot warmer. There were clouds and some haze but mostly sunshine. My morning was taken up with meeting the mayor. After lunch, I sat outside and saw a blue dasher dragonfly and a damselfly landed by my foot. Some butterflies did not cooperate but I found a tiny caterpillar on the milkweed. Caterpillars were deserting the parsley because it was all eaten. I went swimming after 4pm for shade. A small frog let me lift it out onto the pavement. I also rescued two wasps, a spider, and a May beetle. Hummers visited the feeders. I saw two skinks. One climbed the cedar tree and the other climbed the retaining wall. An egret landed by the dock.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment