Since 1/1/11 I have been describing what I see in the back yard. I occasionally digress.
Friday, September 11, 2026
Dragonfly nymph
I found the monarch caterpillar again and it was growing fast and dumping fress. A couple of black swallowtail caterpillars ate parsley stems. A small sulphur butterfly alighted briefly. I also saw a red spotted purple. When I went for a very late swim, there was a bigger frog with a green jaw under the lid of the skimmer. It jumped down into the basket full of leaves so I let it stew there for a while. When I lifted the basket to empty it, the frog jumped into the pool. I saw it a couple more times but then it disappeared so I think it must have jumped out. Just in case, I checked the skimmer again and here came a young skink swimming out, I carried it out onto the patio and took photos. I also encountered a dragonfly nymph, perhaps the same one I've seen before. This time it obligingly clung to the side of the pool steps where I could photograph it. A kingfisher landed on one of the pilings but didn't stay long. The Berkley's polypore looked bigger. The hibiscus bloomed again. The beautyberries were colorful. A lot of cloud cover and a North wind kept the temperature down but the air was humid.
Labels:
beautyberry,
butterfly,
caterpillar,
dragonfly,
frog,
fungus,
hibiscus,
kingfisher,
skink
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment