Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Veiled sun, thin overcast

I think I remember this kind of sky being a weather predictor. Stratus, I think. I rehung the hummer feeder even though I haven't seen one in two weeks. If no migrants show up, this will be the last time this season.

The sky has cleared and gotten hot and humid. Cream puff clouds are streaming North. The skink scuttled across the patio at lunch. A black swallowtail and later a fritillary flitted by. Lots of bees or all sizes and species are working on the rosemary. Damselflies have taken over the creek and I don't see any dragonflies.

And now, around 5pm) we have a thunderstorm and heavy rain. Some spectacular lightning strikes. Maybe hail? The power flickered repeatedly and from FB I see others lost power. I certainly wasn't expecting this today.

No comments:

Post a Comment