Sunday, May 26, 2013

More cool sunshine

Squirrels are very active.  Feeder refilled and hosting cardinals and finches.  Lots of song and cries of "feed me!" A tiger swallowtail flew across the blue sky and a silver spotted skipper fed on the rue flowers.  The parsley flowers are quite as big as Queen Anne's Lace, but more yellow-green.  The Carolina wrens are working hard. An osprey soared upstream. 

The tide is very low this evening.  A dismembered carcase is lying on the floating dock.  I think it was a fish even though I see a feather.  No herons or egrets are fishing, but one little green heron flew right past me.  I can hear nestlings begging in the undergrowth. An LBJ (little grown job) flew past me and landed on a piling just as the camera battery gave up. 

In her column, Mary Reid Barrow mentioned a tree value calculator.   And the VB Virtual Twon Hall is asking about urban trees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment