Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Overnight rain, sunny day

Everything drips.  The clouds break apart then squish together, allowing some intermittent sun.  More rain is forecast.  Sparrows are still here.  Cardinals, finches, chickadees, and wrens have been on the feeder.  I glimpsed a hummingbird. This Carolina wren fluffed itself and looks strange. 

It's mostly sunny with wind from the South.  For a day that was supposed to be nothing but rain, it has been lovely.  Skinks are on the prowl at lunch.  I'd love to see one catch its own lunch.  I am still trying to photograph the swallows. No joy. The birdhouse, however, has attracted a couple of wrens.  I think they are house wrens.  They seemed to be arguing, but one was also singing. While I was watching the birdhouse, a skink emerged from the pool cover and scuttled past me. 

A menacing rainstorm blew up in the late afternoon, but by sunset the clouds were breaking up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment