Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wind and rain

Curtains of rain are blowing up the creek.  Cardinals, finches, and a white throated sparrow nevertheless came for breakfast.  I finally got the two color morphs of white throated sparrow in one photo. 

 The wind defeated the rain.  Lots of chickadees are hungry along with wrens.  I keep glimpsing mystery birds that I cannot identify.  A ragged osprey soared over the creek.  A female brown headed cowbird stopped by briefly.  I have to thank the Facebook Great Backyard Bird Count group for confirming the identification. 

Around 9pm, at least two raccoons came to raid the feeder.  I was alerted by the noise when one jumped off.  I couldn't get much of a photo through the window without scaring them off.   But here is one pawing through the mulch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment