Monday, June 17, 2013

Gray day, humid

Squirrels are running around and acting silly.  Wrens, I think, are fussing around the birdhouse.  Hungry chickadees have emptied the feeder.  Sigh. The male towhee came to scratch in the mulch.  A hummer stopped briefly, but seemed wary of me.  I was outside and pretty close.  The sky is overcast with some texture and a light breeze comes and goes.  The creek is smooth.  Bees and wasps are working but I don't see other insects.  A heron passed overhead.  I saw a crow with twigs - second nest? 

A few glimmers of sun occurred around mid-day,  but the afternoon turned into a steady rain, right after I refilled the feeder.  A male cardinal and a male towhee came to feed anyway.  The cardinal was very wet. 

Around 6pm the sun came back but it was very cool and damp, dank actually.  The rain didn't fill the birdbath but it did make puddles in it.  The wren started work on the birdhouse again.  It was very industrious but had trouble getting twigs through the hole. 


No comments:

Post a Comment