Monday, June 24, 2013

Hot!

I'm late posting, but I've got a story!  Nothing much was going on this morning, just the usual three. At lunch a lovely widow skimmer took up a post near the parsley.  Other dragonflies zoomed and glittered.  Cabbage butterflies were also around.

I went for a swim mid afternoon and heard the wren scolding.  It was atop the post and buzzing like mad.  Then I saw why.  A fox cub had come calling.  It studied the bird and I thought I was going to get to see a fox climb a post, but the wren flew off.  Then the cub nosed the mulch while I maintained a low profile in the pool.  It caught something and I distinctly heard crunching.  I think it might have been a skink or possibly a mouse.  I sucked my teeth to get it to look up.  It was totally unwary, but then I think its mama called because it looked over toward the next yard and ran home.


No comments:

Post a Comment