Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Threatening clouds

Patches of blue open and close but the clouds are dark and heavy.  Mockingbirds are everywhere but my yard.  A dragonfly buzzed my car, the shiny blue may have looked like water.  Squirrels continue their antics.  The male towhee came for breakfast along with the usual species.

Well, the clouds have not carried out any threats.  The seed feeder was empty and it was time to change the hummer feeder.  While the seed feeder was down, a titmouse landed on the hanger, looked at me and defecated.  The thanks I get.  Dragonflies have come into their own today. A huge fly appeared while I was in the pool.  It looked like a horsefly.  I left.

Toward evening, an osprey flew over, hovered, then landed on our side of the creek.  Apparently that was far enough that the crows didn't notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment