Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Down to the creek!

The wind switched around and is coming out of the West, pushing fat cumulus along.  It is very clear and the sun is intense.  A hummer visited early.  A blue dasher was up already. 

Skinks were out at lunch.  A tattered hairstreak pollinated the portulaca.  A yellow ladybug climbed the morning glory. 

I got down to the dock, I think for the first time this year. I saw an amberwing, a dark dragonfly that wouldn't stop, an orchard spider, and a jellyfish, but it was high tide with not much action.  The sun was intense, so I didn't stay very long.  A white feather was caught in the roots by the creek bank.

Later when the tide went down I saw a great egret and a great blue heron.  The wind made the late afternoon more chilly than I had expected. The clouds put on a show. 


No comments:

Post a Comment