Thursday, October 30, 2014

Clearing sky

The sky was overcast when I got up but the clouds moved off East.  Enough rain fell overnight to fill the birdbath.  The regulars have visited the feeder and the Carolina wren investigated the grill.  Canada geese and cormorants flew by.

Squirrels bounced across the pool cover.  Several came to the birdbath for a drink.  One idiot sat in the birdbath. 

Little brown inky cap mushrooms along the retaining wall have been nibbled at.  The weeping conks are weeping while a different fungus grows closer to the oak trunk.  I think it is a "chicken of the woods" but I'm not sure.  And I'm certainly not going to eat it to find out.  However I hope it is growing on the dead roots of the tree we cut down and not the living one! 

It was considerably colder today after the front that passed through last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment