Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Sunshine and fluffy clouds

The creek had that fall reflective quality until around 9am.  Titmice were up early with the regulars.  A white cabbage butterfly and a honeybee joined the bumblebees on the rosemary.  A cardinal went for berries instead of seeds. 

A brown thrasher poked around the azaleas by the fence.  A house finch with infected eyes was on the feeder so now I need to disinfect it. 

Spiders continue to occupy the pool.  I'm beginning to think they are grass spiders not fishing spiders.  Thread-waisted wasps and honey bees and carpenter bees enjoyed the rosemary.  I hope the dock gets fixed soon - "Club Mallard" and duckdock are getting to be way too accurate. 

A mockingbird entertained me with a wide repertoire but I never saw the bird.  I heard and glimpsed a red-bellied woodpecker.  Jays were everywhere calling but only flashes across the yard.  But I caught the brown thrasher up in the oak. 

The first quarter moon was overhead a little after sunset.  I got some pictures despite clouds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment