Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Sunny day

It rained overnight and I was up before dawn.  I thought sunrise would be pretty as there were clouds hanging in the East, but I missed any color.  However, on my way up Church Street I saw a raccoon that had been hit by a vehicle.  On my way back, a mockingbird perched on a utility pole and sang. 

At home, everything outside was wet.  Titmice were crowding the feeder along with the regulars. A Carolina wren explored the sunny patio. The morning glory vine is gone which may distress some birds. 

In the afternoon there were more spiders in the skimmer.  A wasp found its way into the house but the butterfly net caught it.  A honeybee worked on the rosemary alongside carpenter bees.  I think I glimpsed a hawk leaving - I should have looked around before standing up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment