Saturday, September 6, 2014

Much nicer

It was still hot, but not so humid.  I had a meeting in the morning and on the way out saw two dead cicadas.  At home I discovered another, not quite expired.

In the late afternoon, the sky briefly filled with dragonflies.  I saw saddlebags for sure and a yellow bodied skimmer perched after zooming around the yard.  The regulars visited the seed feeder.  A great blue heron and a couple of great egrets worked the creek.  Crows were busy about something.  I heard a jay and thought I glimpsed titmice.  Spiders and beetles and assassin bugs needed rescuing.

Toward evening a hummer arrived for a bedtime snack. 

This blog has been added to the Hampton Roads Wildlife Enthusiasts member list

There was a wonderful moon tonight, nearly full and riding in a wreath of cloud. 


No comments:

Post a Comment