Sunday, September 14, 2014

Chilly morning

The morning was sunny and windy and quite cool.  Along with the regulars, a titmouse, a Carolina wren, a female goldfinch, and a mourning dove showed up. The goldfinch was more successful getting a drink from the hummer feeder than getting a turn at the seed feeder. 

In the late morning, a titmouse hung upside down to attack something in a fascia vent.

The afternoon was lovely but I spent most of it inside at the convention center.  There were mallards and a blooming water lily in the courtyard pool.  I thought I'd take a photo of the waterlily when I left but at 4pm it was already closed up.  Of course, the duck was still there.

Back home, I saw a Carolina wren and three doves beneath the feeder.  There were mushrooms in the mulch that look like shiitakis to me. Toward evening, the sky clouded over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment