Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Slightly cooler

The morning sky was clouded but there are patches of blue.  The regulars came to the feeder along with a titmouse and a hummer.  I need to change the hummer feeder.  A squirrel took great interest in something in the pool.

Later the lawn service blew insects out of the bushes and a hummer out of the lavender. They filled the pool with leaves and only then did I discover the pump wasn't running.  In the course of fishing the leaves out, I got bit on the left collarbone by a wolf/fishing spider.  A skinklet ventured out onto the hot concrete and scuttled back into the mulch. 

Canada geese obstructed the street on my way home.  At twilight, a wall of white crept Northeast leaving wispy mares' tails behind.  An egret passed over headed North and a dragonfly circled at treetop height.  Various insects, cicadas and crickets I think, serenaded me.  When I hauled the recycle bin back I discovered an ant parade on it.  I imagine the relocation of the bin 30 feet away will puzzle them as to where their nest has gone. Sunset tinted the clouds red. 


No comments:

Post a Comment