Thursday, September 4, 2014

Sticky again

I saw lightning around 3am and when I got up this morning the furniture dripped and the mulch was wet.  The concrete was mostly dry but the humidity was very high. 

An egret fished from the dock - I wonder if they follow the newspaper's schedule of peak fish feeding times?  I managed to rehang the hummer feeder and about an hour later a hummer showed up.  It had some competition from a big bee.  Cardinals and house finches and finally a titmouse helped themselves to seeds. 

At lunch, a little skink hurried across the patio.  A pale male house finch acted odd atop the feeder but stopped as soon as I picked up the camera.  I think the pale males are fledglings as there are brighter males around. 

Shortly before 3pm a heavy dark cloud shoved past the piled up cumulus and began to rain hard.  It lasted a couple of hours and greened up the yard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment