Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Humid and warm

Dew was heavy this morning - I saw drops falling off the rose.  Sunrise tinted the thin cloud streaks, first pink, then gold.  The creek caught the light falling on the pines which seemed to float on the water.  Chickadees came to the feeder even though I drank my coffee a few feet away.  The sun picked out spider silk everywhere, not organized webs so much as single strands.  Droplines, perhaps.  That made me realize that, despite the dew, I was not seeing any webs in the grass.  I don't know why.

This afternoon was probably my last chance at the pool.  In the skimmer I found spiders and crickets and an assassin bug nymph.  A snail clung to the pool wall.  A spider with a white ball of eggs lurked behind the brick. 

There were doves and blue jays but not much else.  A squirrel with a stained tummy came to the birdbath. 


No comments:

Post a Comment