Thursday, April 28, 2016

Overnight rain

The female downy woodpecker was back for seeds to hammer against the post.  A pair of blue jays were around and one perched on the post.  It looked like it had gotten muddy.  The two Carolina wrens debated whether to eat mealworm soup.  Later one got in a fuss with a house wren when it ventured too close to the other birdhouse.  A brown thrasher foraged under the red cedar.

A crow and a gull found something of interest at the dam outfall.  Whenever it rains birds are attracted to that spot.

As I was getting ready to leave, a goldfinch pair came to the feeder.  While I was out it rained again.  I saw a mockingbird and a robin along the road. Two geese were waiting by the driveway when I got home.  I out-stared them. The afternoon grew colder and misty.


No comments:

Post a Comment