Monday, October 10, 2016

Blue sky

At dawn the sky was smudged with clouds but it soon cleared to an intense blue.   Clouds and sun traded off but the sky was free of haze and humidity.  A North wind kept it chilly.  The feeder birds were happy to have things back to normal.  Doves visited at breakfast.  Egrets continued to fish the torrent from the lake.  I saw lots of downed trees and standing water on my morning errands. 

The pool was covered this afternoon.  Usually I'm sad, but today was so much colder, it was more of a relief, especially with all the storm debris in the water.  The feeder birds spent much of their time eating berries since the feeder was a bit close to operations.  at twilight the wretched feral cat appeared.  I had not seen it for so long I thought it might be gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment