Monday, October 3, 2016

Chilly

Mushrooms popped up again in the flowerpot with vines.  I wonder if the fungus is the reason the vines haven't thrived.  There was a brief, light rain around 10am, then sun for awhile, then clouds.

Skippers visited the morning glory.   Bumble bees and southern purple mint moths were flying.  The pink camellia opened its first blossom.  I got a bad photo of a gray and yellow bird that might be the same as yesterday - a white eyed vireo. 

Neither the air nor the water felt warm.  I rescued glass snails, a scarab beetle, and a couple of azalea caterpillars, mainly because I didn't like the idea of their corpses floating around.  While I was in the water, a couple of brown thrashers chased each other around a cherry tree.  I also saw a little bird with a white belly hiking up a tree trunk.  Blue jays eluded the camera and I think I heard a red bellied woodpecker.

A gorgeous sunset tinted bars of cloud first tangerine then rose.  There were still fireflies and of course the crickets were singing.


No comments:

Post a Comment