Friday, November 24, 2017

Frosty

The dock was white and the birdbath iced at breakfast, but the creek was a mirror of color and light.  The still air over the water was a bit misty. The feral cat came for breakfast, but left without any, as far as I know.

I was outside in the afternoon when some kind of raptor flew over.  I think it may have been a juvenile eagle. The wind had gotten strong by then.  I believe I glimpsed a kingfisher zooming upstream.  Because of the wind, I took a lot f pictures of fall foliage before it blew away.

The songbirds stayed out of sight for a while, but eventually a junco returned in the company of white throats.  I found the caterpillar next to the parsley, but it was not moving.  I also located the argiope egg cluster which seemed to be precariously attached to now-dead leaves. 


No comments:

Post a Comment