Thursday, November 16, 2017

Warm sun

It was a good day to fish apparently, for both human and ducks. In addition to the hoodies, I saw a male bufflehead.  (And a surprising number of leaves pretending to be ducks.)

A couple of titmice came to the feeder which K had refilled with fresh seed.  White throats scurried around below.

As I drove to my lunch meeting, an insect landed on my windshield that looked like a love bug from underneath.  Unlikely this far North, and especially in November, but the day was warm, the insect was clearly attracted to cars, and it could have arrived in a plant shipment or something.  If that's what it was, I doubt it will find love. 

The temperature began to drop in the afternoon and by sunset it was chilly.  There were no clouds, just a gradual brightness and color change from the Western horizon around to the Eastern.


No comments:

Post a Comment