Thursday, November 2, 2017

Sunny

The clouds from breakfast departed and the sky was blue for lunch.  A wren chased bugs through the lavender and rosemary.  A blue jay streaked across the yard.

The temperature was pleasant and the pool looked inviting but the water was way too cold.  I rescued a honeybee, a small velvety-black caterpillar, beetles and crickets.  Leaves drifted down so gently that they floated in odd positions.  The black swallowtail caterpillars were bigger but still in their first color pattern.  One stuck its osmeterium out at me.

The lighting made it hard to be sure, but the duck accompanying a mallard drake looked more like a female pintail than a female mallard.  When I ran an errand, a mockingbird posed on an ornamental pineapple. 

On this Día de los Muertos, I remember my parents' love of nature.  (Even though they probably would not approve of the holiday.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment