Friday, March 30, 2018

Rainy

There were showers before lunch and again before sunset.  The rest of the day just looked like it was thinking about raining.  But it was the wind that kept the wildlife out of sight.

After breakfast I saw a female red breasted merganser on the choppy water.  A female red bellied woodpecker worked on the nubbin of suet.  Four white throated sparrows and a female junco scouted around the patio.  The male cardinal took his favorite perch in the dogwood. I spotted a yellow rumped warbler in the cherry.  It then sampled the mealworms. 

A squirrel, sex undisclosed, also went after mealworms despite the load of cayenne-flavored peanut butter I garnished them with.  I chased off the rodent who then perched in the dogwood to keep an eye on me and the food. Later, rain made the wire hanger slippery and frustrated the little robber. 


No comments:

Post a Comment