Thursday, March 15, 2018

Windy

 A yellow rumped warbler scraped the bottom of the dish for breakfast.  The grebes showed up in decent light for once.  I caught a downy in the cherry tree.  The mergansers stayed down by the dam during the morning. 

 At lunch time the fishing birds moved upstream, closer to us.  I saw read breasted and hooded mergansers, and gulls.  Titmice visited the seed feeder with their chickadee cousins. 

Two crows chased a hawk out of sight before I got the camera aimed.  A harsh wind encouraged me to stay indoors till mid afternoon.  By then it had pushed the tide very low.  I found a bumblebee on the patio.  It moved very slowly, between the cold and the wind.

Dogwood and blueberries were opening flower buds. Clouds obscured the sun more often than the prediction implied.  But by late afternoon, it was calmer and in the 50s.  Sunset streaked the North with pink. 


No comments:

Post a Comment