Friday, February 15, 2019

GBBC Day 1

Too windy!  There were waves on the creek and all I saw was the feeder regulars.  A red breasted nuthatch was screened by dogwood twigs.  So was a downy woodpecker.  When a pine warbler landed in the dogwood, it was much more cooperative with the camera.  A dove up in the oak was also easier to see.  The birds later posed on the feeders, but I was trying for more natural settings. 

A white throated sparrow perched in the camellia.  A squirrel also perched in the camellia to eat its frostbitten flowers.  Daffodils took the warm weather as a license to bloom. Turtles climbed out on the logs in the lake.

I sat outside which frustrated the hungry birds.  A pine warbler played peekaboo around the post to make sure I wasn't up to something.

The moon was clearer than last night, but maybe less interesting. Here's the link to my ebird records:  https://ebird.org/gbbc/myebird  which, of course, is useless without my password. 


No comments:

Post a Comment