Thursday, February 21, 2019

Surprising weather

Morning was gray and dripping and cold.  A myrtle warbler looked for food, but everything was wet.  At lunch, pelicans fished.  I saw nuthatches, but they got away. 

I had an afternoon program to attend and the sun came through during it.  The temperature rose too.  Unusual cloud patterns had formed. 

When I got home, I spied a pileated woodpecker way up in the neighbors' oak.  I tried to get a photo but it was too far away for the snapshot camera I had with me.  The sapsucker was busy in the pecan.  Other birds (warblers?) perched in the pecan and flew out to catch mid air bugs.   The downy woodpecker stayed in the back yard with the suet. 

The cat came back as the birds were fueling up for the night.  Sunset colored the clouds gold. 


No comments:

Post a Comment