Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Damp

K said there was fog at 6am.  Later there were fogged windows.  Swallows cheeped as they zipped through our airspace.  I rescued some beetles (scarab and tiger), a mother spider, and two frogs that really didn't want my help. 

A squirrel decided that in the pool I could be safely ignored and came very close. There were some dragonflies but I expected more in such buggy weather.  The wasps were thick as usual but the butterflies were not.  I did see a monarch and three kinds of swallowtail.  A swallowtail caterpillar munched on the rue. 

The hibiscus flowered again and had a bud ready for tomorrow.  A titmouse posed in the cherry.  The brown headed nuthatch was back, squeaking.  A male goldfinch brought color when he got a drink.  Hummers occasionally chased one another. 

A sprinkle of rain preceded a rosy sunset. 


No comments:

Post a Comment