Friday, December 24, 2021

Balmy

Lots of bluebirds and warblers visited throughout the day.  In the morning I saw more yellow rumped warblers.Occasionally a mockingbird sneaked in for a barkbutter ball.  Sparrows scurried around but never posed.  The red bellied woodpecker played hard to get.  Blue jays got stuffed.

The temperature was 60°F for several afternoon hours with mostly blue sky and a breeze..  I saw more pine warblers after lunch though there were still butterbutts around.  A female red-winged blackbird popped up but I only got one bad picture before she scooted back down to the shoreline.  Two turtles took advantage of the sunshine. 

I had hopes of taking pictures from the dock but the missing planks convinced me to turn back.  There were still a few colorful leaves on the blueberry bushes and the sweet gum.  I surprised a magnolia green jumper and a centipede but neither stayed for a photo.  The yellow rose, the paperwhite narcissus and, of course, the camellia were in bloom for insects lured out by the warmth.  





No comments:

Post a Comment