Saturday, December 18, 2021

Fog

I remarked a couple of days ago that it had been a long time since we had a foggy morning,and lo, the weather gods listened.  Eventually, the fog turned to mist and then broken overcast.

Pelicans flew over the creek at lunch but not later when I had my hands on the camera.  Not that having the camera in hand helped when I saw a kingfisher - he saw me too.  Crows set up a hue and cry to harass a hawk and I missed that too.  I did not miss the turkey vulture that took a perch on the neighbors' dock. 

Paperwhite narcissus bloomed near the yellow rose buds.  Blueberry leaves were colorful but dropping fast.  Fern-like moss grew next to a smaller, simpler species.  While I was poking around in the yard, a flicker and a red bellied woodpecker had words.  A downy just grabbed a barkbutter ball and kept going.  I glimpsed a wren on the barkbutter too.  A squirrel tried panhandling and when that failed, feeder robbery.


No comments:

Post a Comment