Thursday, June 2, 2022

Dragonflies

A goldfinch pair visited but only for a drink of water.  It surprises me that they will drink from the ant moat but turn up their beaks if the sunflower seeds aren't a fresh refill of the feeder. 

A damselfly dodged me again.  I rescued more ground beetles and avoided spiders, though a little one bit me when I picked up the leaf hiding it.  A quite large centipede had drowned.  I'd intended to photograph it but a biting fly drove me away.  A black swallowtail flitted all over the rue, always in blurry motion.  A female great blue skimmer used one of my perches in the late afternoon.  A female common whitetail was attracted to the white circle of DE that K had spread around the strawberries.  The strawberry planter was up on a table so the dragonfly had full use of the circle.  Bees and wasps were everywhere.  

Dramatic-looking cumulus clouds cast shadows across the sky.  An exotic daylily began to open.  Andy helped K chase mallards away from the pool.  I really couldn't blame the ducks, it was a very hot day.. Again.  


No comments:

Post a Comment