Monday, June 6, 2022

Intense sunshine

The sky was that purple-blue it gets when the air is very clear.  I tried to stay in the shade because the newspaper said the UV would burn in under ten minutes.  Despite the still gusty breeze, I only rescued one beetle, one of the Scarites genus.  At lunch time, a squirrel was taking its ease in the shade on the arm of one of the outdoor chairs.   It ignored me, but not the dog.  

The almost first quarter moon chased after the sun through the afternoon.  The man in the moon was visible - usually I see the rabbit.  I was taking pictures of flowers and plants when the male hummer sneaked past me.  I got a glimpse but no photo. 

A male bluebird perched in different trees, giving me a variety of settings.  He was too wary to come to a feeder though.  Meanwhile the dog rolled in the violets and mashed them down.  





No comments:

Post a Comment