Saturday, June 24, 2023

Hot and sticky

A male bluebird did not seem pleased with the suet.   A mockingbird ate suet and a blue jay stuffed its beak with barkbutter balls. A goldfinch visited the seed feeder.  A Carolina wren poked into everything.  

I managed to get time for a swim and found a flock of winged ants trapped in the skimmer.  Afterward, I saw the tail of a disappearing skink.  A couple of brown butterflies dueled over the pool.  A somewhat larger brown and orange butter flitted around the patio.  I think it may have been a questionmark.  Wasps enjoyed rue nectar.  Bees were more inclined to the mountain mint.  The blue aster and the sakaki started blooming. 

The heat and humidity weren't so bad at home, but downtown Norfolk was enough to make me worry about heat stroke.  The flood barrier blocked breezes and turned Boush Street into a sauna.  Plus, I lost the parking garage and walked about three extra blocks.  I could see clouds piling up in the East, waiting for sunset's temperature drop to rain.  


No comments:

Post a Comment