Friday, June 30, 2023

Swallowtail

I was gone all morning.  At lunch, a male hummer checked out the gladiolus flowers, then the feeder. Alas he had his back to the light, so no ruby at the throat.   A Carolina wren hunted suet crumbs, then flew off to one of the dogwoods.  Yellow flowers hung lie bells on a ground cherry. 

After swimming, I picked more blueberries, but they weren't as good.  A tiger swallowtail discovered the aster flowers.  Skippers and snout butterflies preferred the mountain mint.  So did honeybees and other bees.  I glimpsed a dragonfly aloft, earlier.

When I went out to enjoy the twilight, it dripped on me!  It wasn't even a shower, just scattered raindrops, but I had to take my book and camera inside.  So I boiled up the damaged and unripe blueberries.  


No comments:

Post a Comment